Medicalization: it’s an insidious problem facing companies and employees across the world. A non-medical issue can find itself elevated to the status of medical condition, leaving behind a wake of ballooning costs, HR catastrophe, and ultimately, a patient outright let down by the medical establishment.
Western Medical Assessments’ Medical Director Dr. Roger Hodkinson recently gave a webinar on the topic. Now, we’d like to open up access to the recording to all HR professionals.
Do you need a primer on what medicalization is first?
Dr. Hodkinson has extensive experience with medicalization and brings his sharp eye to the issue in this engaging hour-long examination of the topic from an HR perspective:
- Overview of what medicalization is and how it affects employers and employees
- What Independent Medical Examinations are, and how they combat medicalization
- The red flags HR departments should watch out for
- When the circumstances are right for an IME
- Questions and answers from on-the-ground HR professionals in attendance
Are you ready to understand how to do right by your employee while reducing the enormous costs an unchecked suspect medical diagnosis can inflict on a company? Head on over here and get started — and make sure you share with your colleagues. It’s time to resolve and prevent those lingering cases and make a difference in your HR department.
Want to know what else employers should be aware of?