How WMA Processes Assessment Requests
- Our Medical Director reviews your request and all the medical documentation in order to recommend the appropriate physician or service provider for the assignment
- WMA sources any imaging studies noted in the documentation, if required.
- The client and/or claimant is contacted by one of our Appointment Coordinators by phone/email to confirm the appointment with the physician and/or other type of service provider (e.g. occupational therapist, psychologist, dentist, etc.).
- The Medical Director issues a covering letter of instruction to the service provider to outline the unique set of issues for each case.
- The service provider assesses the claimant.
- The report is transcribed, edited and formatted.
- Draft report reviewed by our Medical Director for Quality Assurance.
- The report is sent to the client with an invoice.
- All other follow-up issues are managed by WMA through our secure web portal, as required (e.g. requests for addenda, further assessments, clarifications, expert testimony, etc.).